TIKA Interiors Ltd is a leading commercial interior fit-out company with offices in Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Auckland regions. Due to continued growth, the company is looking to hire a talented Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to come on board and join this team of professionals in Auckland.
If you are looking to be part of a forward-thinking company, to actively contribute towards the successful delivery of projects in the commercial construction & interiors sector, apply now.
On offer is the opportunity to work for a professional, well-respected business where you will be treated with respect, encouraged to succeed and conquer challenges.
About the role:
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety requirements, and safe work procedures/practices.
- Consider Health & Safety implications when pricing all jobs.
- Ensure all tender sites/locations/clients are accessed e.g. Tenderlink, Hawkins, Fletchers etc.
- Financially manage all contracts including the processing of claims.
- Check estimates/quotes prepared by Construction Estimator for all tenders and send to the client.
- Provide all relevant reporting as requested by the Branch Manager
- Manage Construction Estimator & provide support/training where necessary.
- Assist Branch Manager and Project Manager with the pricing of all other work as required.
- Identify suitable alternatives and source the most cost effective materials when pricing work.
- Attend site visits and pre-let meetings as required.
- Liaise with Branch Manager for pricing of jobs over $100,000.00
- Ensure Netsuite is up to date
- Manage online storage of site files/plans & information.
- Ensure a high level of personal presentation at all times.
You’ll also need:
- A recognised building, estimating qualification
- Several years’ experience in the NZ construction environment
- Understanding of NZ Health and Safety legislation
- Sound knowledge of NZ construction legislative requirements, compliance and accepted building practices
- Experience in scoping and costing projects, project documentation, project management methodology and software
- An upbeat and friendly personality
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong customer service focus
- Good IT skills – email, word, excel etc
- An ability to learn a specific job management software programme
- Attention to detail and an organised mind
This role is an integral part of an existing high functioning team. Salary will depend on experience. If this role appeals to you, and you’re looking to work for a company where effort is rewarded and you wish to be part of a strong team and a strong brand apply now.
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you feel you are the right person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday, 20 September 2019.