Who are we:
We are a leading interior fit-out specialist contractor with offices in the Waikato & Bay of Plenty Regions.
If you are looking to be part of a forward-thinking company, to actively contribute towards the successful delivery of projects & develop your skills/experience in the commercial construction & interiors sector, then we are definitely interested in hearing from you!
What are we about:
We are a values & principles-based company & have the self-styled “Good Buggers” motto. Our company values include; honesty, safety, pride in what we do, common courtesy & being true to our word.
Other attributes we promote are; integrity, respect, work-life balance & personal development.
We are considered a leader of Health & Safety in our industry & this is also a major aspect of how we carry out our business.
What about the role:
We are looking for a motivated person who has building experience to work with a dedicated team working on schools throughout the upper North Island for the Ministry of Education. The successful applicant will need to stay away from home in 1 to 2-week blocks coming home on certain weekends. All training will be provided. A great hourly rate is offered depending on your experience.
- Experience in the building industry is preferred, but not essential.
- Suspended Ceiling fixing is preferred, but not essential.
- The MOE Contract will run from 2022 – to approx. 2025
- The contract is for approx 200 schools in the North Island from Taupo up. During this time it is expected that you will stay close to the job site in accommodation provided by Tika for up to two weeks. It is our intention to allow teams to come back to Hamilton or Tauranga every second weekend.
- You will receive an overnight allowance per night that you stay away
- Transport will be provided from Tikas yard to the destination school
- You will be in a team of 2 or 3 and will travel and stay together in a company-provided vehicle
- If work is not available, you will be placed on Tikas normal work site
- Work provided will be for a minimum of 44 hours, Monday to Friday, but it is expected that you may work longer hours such as Saturdays since you are away from home.
Our ideal candidate:
Professional & friendly persona.
Previous experience preferred.
High integrity and trustworthiness.
Promotes our company values.
We have a great, friendly culture within our business, which fits in with our “Good Buggers” tagline.
All decisions and actions must always fit in with the “Is this a Good Bugger thing to do”?
We have worked hard to build strong relationships with our clients, to become a valued & trusted partner to deliver all types of projects.
Candidates must meet the minimum requirements.
A valid work visa is essential.
Check out our Website for a little more about who we are! http://www.tika.co.nz
We look forward to receiving your application!
No recruiters, please.